Kristen is currently enrolled in a tumbling class, a ballet class, and she was in a painting class that just ended (soon to be replaced with a puppet making class). She has really had a blast with other kids her own age, and being able to be active in many different ways. She even gets to do it all without mom or dad around (yeah for me, too!).
Her little ballet class is the cutest. Although it's probably not something that she'll stick with long-term (she's much too active to be a genteel ballerina), she is having fun trying it out. Here she is in her oh-so-cute little ballerina outfit:
I have even enrolled myself in a class through the city. It's my one night a week that I get to be with all adults and away from the house - for a whole 3 hours! I signed up for a Beginners Potter's Wheel class, and let me just say - it's a whole lot harder than people make it look! But I'm having a really good time, and it's good for me to stretch my creative brain a bit, too. Here are the 2 bowls I threw last week:
I like the one on the left a little more than the one on the right, but I'm pretty excited about them both! Next will come the trimming, firing, and glazing, and then I can (hopefully!) show them off as completed!
I'm also trying to keep up a bit with my photography stuff. Nothing too amazing, but still enjoying playing with my nice digital camera.





2 comments:
I LOVE the bowls!
Nice job, Carla Craftsalot! I'm impressed. Kristen looks so cute in her dance outfit :)
Post a Comment