Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter!

It's hard to believe that Easter has come and gone once again. Not only that, but we've been in AZ now for over a year! Wow!!

We made sure to get some time in before Easter to decorate eggs. This was the first year we've done it with Kristen, and she really enjoyed it.


Such precision with the color mixing, too!

Then, on Easter morning, we found out that the Easter Bunny had visited our house again and left the traditional jelly bean trail so Kristen could find her Easter basket. (Sorry for the blurry pictures. My camera batteries were almost dead, and the basket hunt just couldn't wait!)



Modeling the bunny ears the Easter Bunny brought

Kristen was super excited to wear her Easter dress, and wanted to make sure I took a picture of her in it so everyone could see how much she looks like a princess. (Although I think we really need some lessons on how to have your picture taken without the head tilt...hhmmm....)


We were so lovingly adopted by the Newman clan again this year to share Easter with them at their place (many, many thanks, Newmans - we love you!). Kristen had a blast with the Easter Egg Hunt and hanging out with all the other kids.

Searching for eggs - a real treasure hunt!


She had so much fun, that this is what she looked like once we got home around 4:30pm:


My poor little chipmunk was completely tuckered out. And this was while I was talking on the phone about 5 feet away AND there were cartoons on TV. Poor thing! I guess it's nice to know that she still needs her daily nap! :)

And speaking of sleeping, I snuck in the bedroom this morning to grab a book, and found that Eric had some company in bed. Cracked me up - guess who did this?


Hope your Easter celebrations were just as special, and that you were reminded of the message so wonderfully sung in the worship song "In Christ Alone":

There in the ground, His body lay.
Light of the World by darkness slain.
Then bursting forth in glorious day,
Up from the grave he rose again!
And as he stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost it's grip on me.
For I am His, and He is mine,
Bought with the precious blood, of Christ!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I am His, He is mine! Love that.

We loved having you! :)

Robyn said...

Happy Easter to you three! Glad you had such a fun celebration. That song is excellent :)