Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Few 'Firsts' (and a 'Last')

So since it's been a little while (ok, a long while) since my last post of worth, I thought I would provide you with some of the "firsts" that we've had in the last coupe of weeks.
  • Kristen FINALLY got her first 2-year molar (tooth). Yes, she'll be three in December, but she's been a consistently late teether. At least she's consistent! There's no sign currently of the other 3, so we'll keep waiting.
  • I took Kristen to get her first hair cut. I know - can you believe she's almost 3 and has never had a haircut?
I thought about doing something short, but ended up just having them take off about 3 inches to even it out. And, unfortunately, it looks like all her baby curls are now gone (*sniff, sniff*).

The hardest part of the whole experience was getting her to hold still long enough to make a straight cut. She couldn't take her eyes off herself in that handheld mirror. Here she was even giving herself kisses!
  • We are in the process of buying our fist home! It's something we never thought possible (and probably wasn't too possible) while living in the Bay Area. But we're super excited about this opportunity. I won't make all of you CA folks sick with the price we're paying for the property, but in all reality, we're even getting a steal by AZ standards. It's bigger than we'll ever need at about 3200 sq. ft., with a HUGE backyard and lot (total of about 11,000 sq. ft.). Here's a kinda bad-quality picture of the front of the house:
And see the RV gate on the left side of the photo? That's probably Eric's favorite part of the whole thing. We're considering having a naming ceremony for the RV gate. Name suggestions are welcome.

So now we're expecting visitors. We've definitely got the room, so come on over!! I can't wait to post more pictures for you all as soon as we sign the final paperwork! :)

(And P.S. - if you're in the area and need a fabulous realtor, I know just the person!)


Oh, and as long as I'm telling you about all these firsts, I may as well tell you about a 'last'. Guess who's potty-trained? We changed our last diaper about a week ago! :)


4 comments:

Kristi said...

Yay about potty training!! That's HUGE.

I was going to slam you if you didn't mention the rv gate. It's really an RV gate with an attached house to Eric. I love it!

Diana said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats! So exciting! And so big! We getting settled into our first home, and it's so wonderful. How much longer do you have until it's yours?

Julianne said...

omigosh, kristen is getting SO big! wow and you're buying a house! wow!!! congrats!! ok, now i'm coming to visit!!

Robyn said...

Congrats on the house, potty training, the works! So happy for you guys :)