Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What Did She Say??

Our little Kristen is a chatterbox. She talks all the time, and has since she was very little.

I know as a parent you're supposed to know what your child is saying, even if it doesn't sound like English. Most of the time I can do pretty well. But there have been several words that have stumped me for days on end until I finally get the context and am able to figure them out. Whew!

So, for your learning pleasure (and your conversational needs should you ever talk with Kristen), here are some of the more bizarre pieces of her vocabulary:
  1. Titin - Kristen
  2. Doogick / Doodits - music
  3. Peeter - computer
  4. Coe-AH-tee - coyote (this took a VERY long time to figure out!)
  5. Peter Man - Peter Pan (her recent favorite movie)
  6. Pockle - popsicle
  7. Ah-bans - The Backyardigans (not even close!)
  8. Washy shee - washing machine
  9. Harngee - hungry
  10. Carring - crying
You get the idea. And some of her funniest phrases she actually says very well. Like, when something isn't working correctly, she says "I know wha toooo dooo!", and then proceeds to tell you she will use a rope to pull it or a screwdriver to fix it. She's such a kind-hearted little helper!

My little chipmunk's growing up for sure. She's turning into a little girl with a huge imagination and a huge heart. Love that little one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's a sweetheart. I love the Ah-bans. ;)

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.