So, I sometimes try to squeeze in a shower really quickly in the morning while Kristen is enthralled with her favorite cartoon (The Backyardigans). I guess I shouldn't have done that this morning. I emerged from the bathroom, no more than 10 minutes later, to find this:
There were several felt-tipped marker lines across her chin and her lips (which I couldn't get all the way out, mind you), as well as all over her legs (as you can see on her knees above). In addition, there was this strange smell and I couldn't figure out why her hair was all wet. I took a small jaunt into the bathroom and discovered the problem. Based on the evidence, I can only assume that she had tried to use the bathroom spray to wash her hair in the sink. Bathroom spray usually smells okay when trying to mask that, um, bathroom smell, but not when it's soaked into a 2-year-old's hair. Ugh. And she just had a bath last night!
On a completely different subject, we had a good college friend visit us this past weekend for dinner. We haven't seen Reini since Eric's flagpoling in 1997. (Flagpoling: A tradition at MBI in which the gentleman of an engaged couple is tied to a pole in the Plaza and covered with shaving cream, at which time his fiancee is called out to untie him. Ours is a good story - ask us about it sometime!) Anyhow, he was in town with his family, and dropped by to see us!
It's always so good to see old friends! Reini and his wife and 4 kids are living in Nairobi, Kenya, where he works as a missionary pilot. Maybe we'll get out there to visit them some day! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment