Not just ANY car. It was one of those everyone-stares-at-you-when-you-drive-it cars. It was given to me by my parents for my 18th birthday, and I loved it. It wasn't the fastest, or the shiniest, and definitely not the biggest (but I think it WAS the smallest!). But to me, it was cool because it was mine. And it was unique.


It was a 1972 Honda 600 mini coupe. It had a 2-cylinder, air-cooled motorcycle engine and just barely made freeway speed (with one person in the car). Mine was painted spring yellow.
Over Thanksgiving Week, I made the very difficult decision of selling my little car. It would never make it in the desert summers, and my dad has been taking care of it for me while we've been here. All I hope is that the next owner loves it as much as I did, and takes good care of this little gem. For you, dear reader, a few parting photographs of my little Honda 600.
Isn't it so cute - and small?!


The middle of the back bumper folds down to get to the spare tire. And check out the scuba mask of a back window - cool, huh?
For what it's worth, these cars really are rare. One of them just sold this week at the Barrett-Jackson auto auctions here in Scottsdale, AZ for $25,000 - no joke! Same style, year, and color of mine. :)

3 comments:
SO cute!
awww!!! you sold it?! that car was so funny. it would've made a perfect first car for kristen...oh well. you gotta do what you gotta do. we still have garrett's gpa's '46 chevy panel truck in his parents' garage. i have NO idea how it's ever gonna get out here. i've told garrett numerous times that we could sell it...it's worth quite a bit b/c it's rare, too. what did you get for your car?
Sorry you had to let her go!
Post a Comment