Friday, January 23, 2009

A Birthday fit for a 3-year-old

Kristen's birthday was over a month ago now (jeesh!) but I couldn't resist posting some photos from the big day! She turned 3 years old, and still talks about it being the best birthday ever (although I'm not sure she's got much to compare it to!).

We started out with our annual 'Mommy and Me' birthday morning picture with her in her pajamas (see the one from last year.)

Kristen "helped" to make a batch of cookies. OK, so it was only help for the dishwasher, but she still had fun!

Then we had some time for opening presents and, of course, birthday cake! Eric once again made a wonderful cake. This one, by request, was a confetti cake (because she wanted sprinkles EVERYWHERE) with white frosting and topped with even more sprinkles. It was very, um, sprinkle-y!



This was one of her all-time favorite birthday presents, from Papa
and Nana Roy. A princess dress of her very own!

Here she is making her birthday wish...

...and blowing!

The night of her birthday we took her to ZooLights at the Phoenix Zoo.

It was a blast! They set up a HUGE light display over the whole zoo, and you can walk around and look at all the lights and listen to the Christmas music. It was a big hit and a lot of fun!

And this really has nothing to do with her birthday, but I had to throw it in. She has become a real Michael Jackson fan, especially the song "Thriller". I know, super weird, but there's a good story... Every night that Eric has to go to work, he usually gets ready in the bedroom while blasting music from his iPod. So now it's become a tradition that before he leaves for work, he puts on "Thriller" and Kristen dances and jumps on the bed and thinks it's the best thing in the world. I have no idea how scarred she may be from listening to this song over and over again - at least she's not seeing the video (which scarred me when I was little!). Anyway, here's her impression of "Thriller" as she jumps on the bed.


And, dear reader, I have not given up on posting pictures and such from our Christmas-time. We had a really great time in California, and were able to see people from both sides of the family, which was so cool. Anyway, I'm just trying to extend your holiday spirit by waiting to publish my photos. You're welcome! :)

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Little Princess!!

You're so thoughtful to extend Christmas. ;)

The joy's of motherhood...they are supposed to be joyful right? said...

About time you posted some stuff here! Iv'e been patiently waiting!! LOl Great pictures!

Robyn said...

Yes, happy late birthday cutie pie! Love that princess dress and glad she liked Zoolights :)