Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bugs, Bunnies, and Bummers!

Over the weekend we received a warm - albeit a little scary - welcome to desert life. All 3 of us were headed outside through the garage to go get the mail, and found this waiting for us:

OK, so it's not gigantic, but it was a bit unnerving nonetheless. Ick! But my resourceful husband dowsed it with brake fluid, so it's all good.

And then there was Easter. We joined some friends at their family Easter celebration up north near Prescott and had a wonderful time having lunch and an Easter Egg hunt. But earlier that morning, Kristen followed the traditional jelly-bean "bunny trail" to find her Easter basket.

How cute is that? And here's my little Easter Bunny - I love this picture!

So yesterday, I played electrician - no joke! Sometime in the morning our refrigerator stopped working (yeah, great). So I poked around the whole house until I finally found the circuit breakers, thinking it had just tripped the fuse, which it had (wow, I'm feeling pretty smart!). So I tried to reset the refrigerator's circuit breaker, and it immediately tripped again (dang it! now what?!).

With my Internet-searching prowess, I found an article on how to replace the circuit breaker, which led me to my neighborhood Ace Hardware with a picture on my camera of what I needed (good thinkin'!). After returning home, I rummaged through the garage to find a screwdriver (whew!) and headed to the circuit breaker box to replace what I THOUGHT was a broken circuit breaker (you see where this is going?). After some sweat, dirt and yes, an injury, I got the new circuit breaker in, flipped the switch, and it tripped again. Oh, great. Now what? Well, after some phone calls back and forth with the landlord, and Eric coming home and figuring out the real problem in, like, 2 minutes, we discovered that the problem was actually with the refrigerator itself.

So now, along with the few boxes I still have left to unpack in the kitchen, I have TWO refrigerators - one that works, and one that doesn't. So much for my adventures in electrical work - I think I'll stick to something where I'm less likely to hurt myself...haha!

Academy Update:
Eric's nearing the end of Week 2. This week has been a bit easier (at least mentally) since he's more aware of what to expect, but there have been some truly difficult days (think hand blisters, the need for ice baths, etc.). Out of his recruit class of 51, they are now down to 44, meaning 7 people have already dropped out. Continue to pray for safety, endurance, and balance for Eric. I know he appreciates it!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

That nasty little bugger!! I HATE scorpions.

I love the trail of jelly beans and may have to steal that for next year. ;)