We had a great time over the holiday weekend visiting some old friends, the Matas family. Eric went to help Dave get his vehicle ready for this weekend's 4x4 trip, and Jaimee and Kristen went to hang out with the girls. As you can see, Kristen talked her way into their "guck" with new friends, Aimee and Jessica. Thanks for a wonderful time - we'll have to make it out there more often!!
I realized this week that it's really fun for me to look in the back seat and see my little buddy back there. It amazes me how patient she is with her silly mommy, and what a good little friend she is. These are the times that I pray I can be a good friend for her, too. Well, maybe not as good a friend as Mr. Lion there, but hey, that's a hard role to fill! :)
And this is the weekend for Eric's first Rubicon trip of the year. In case you have never heard of the Rubicon Trail, here's some info on it: Rubicon Trail. I thought it was only appropriate to take a before picture of his Jeep so we can compare the results when he returns on Sunday. As some may know, this trail has taken its toll on Eric and his vehicles in the past, including, but not limited to, broken tail lights, broken windows, complete vehicle rollovers, smashed differentials (now I sound like I know what I'm talking about, huh?), etc. Thank goodness there's been no human damage in the process. I'm sure the trip will once again be a fun one, and hopefully we'll have some great pictures to post when he gets back. And Kristen and I will miss him until he returns. Be safe, Daddy!



1 comment:
Lance is so jealous right now ;) Praying that Eric comes home safe!
Post a Comment