Sunday, July 5, 2009

Introducing...


Evan Wheeler Roy
June 29, 2009 ~ 1:11 pm
6 lbs. 3 oz.

We are all doing well. Eric and Kristen had some great bonding time while I was in the hospital for an extended period of time. I was able to come home on Thursday and am doing well recovering from the surgery.

Evan is still in the NICU (Nursery Intensive Care Unit) at the hospital, but is doing really well. He was a little more than 3 weeks early and was having some trouble with his respiration rate as well as his oxygenation levels. He is now off the oxygen completely and is bottle feeding, which are great steps toward being able to come home! We are hoping to be able to bring him home in the next day or two, and will be sure to post when we're finally all together at home!!

Thanks to all of you who have been praying. We have been constantly reminded of the control God has over this situation, and have been so grateful for your support!

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Precious!

Jason said...

Holy smokes - I had no idea you were expecting. Congratulations!

Flourishing said...

Congratulations! Praying all goes well and you are all home soon! You will enjoy being a family of 4 I am sure!
Great bday too-my brother was born the 29th.

Robyn said...

He's a handsome little bugger! Many congratulations to you guys :)

Karter and Kamryn's Adventures! said...

Congrats Roy family!

loretta said...

Congratulations. What a sweet prince you have there. Hope he's home soon.