Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Pre-Holiday Festivities

I just realized how behind in my picture-posting I really am. Oops! So here are some of the pre-Christmas festivities that we enjoyed while gearing up for the holidays!

Kristen and I, along with my sister and her clan, headed up to Pier 39 just before Christmas to enjoy the decorations, wander around, and do some extra, last-minute shopping. It was pretty chilly! Kristen looked like a little bandit in her beanie! :)

We decorated our Christmas tree (which, unfortunately, must have been defective since it stopped sucking up water and died long before the 25th - bummer!). Kristen hung the soft, non-breakable ornaments at the bottom of the tree...

...and Eric hung the others in the middle and up at the top (to stay out of the reach of little hands!).

And it doesn't really feel like Christmas without the tradition of 'Christmas in the Park' in downtown San Jose. Actually, I don't really consider this that important of a tradition, but hey, it's something to do - and it's always cheery and bright with lights, along with festive music to put you in the mood.

No comments: