Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Labor Day Camping Trip

We had our annual Labor Day camping trip this past weekend with our family, my sister Katie's family, and my parents. It was a beautiful weekend to be out in nature, aside from the thousands of mosquitos that seemed to be out all day long and all night long. We went to Portola Redwood State Park a little north of where we live. It had some wonderful trails for hiking, including this nice nature walk that even the little ones enjoyed.

Jessey, Papa, Grammy, Aimee, and Kristen in the stroller - she took the easy way down the trail!

Kristen wanted to get in on all the fun around camp, so here she is trying to play Uno. Needless to say, she never really got the hang of it, but she loved confusing everyone else by taking the cards and giving them to other people randomly!

And here's our little Miss Independent. I took her for a walk around the campsite, and this was her version of "No, Mommy, I don't want to hold your hand. I'm going to walk all by myself over here."


All in all, it was a fun weekend in a beautiful setting. And it's always nice to get away - bugs, dirt, and all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I love camping with my kids.

camping chairs by high gear